General – Important Information
- The driver’s license, passport or identity card will be required on the pickup date.
- The driver must hold a driving license that must be issued at least 12months prior to rental, issued from the European Union, or an International Driving License (your valid driver’s license must accompany the International Driving license at all times)
- Pets, smoking, food consumption are not allowed in the vehicle.
- The renter must not allow anybody else to drive / use the car, as well as is not allowed to him/her to drive / use the car under influence of alcohol or drugs.
Driver Age Requirements
Driver must be 23 years old for car groups A and B and 25 years old for all the others car groups.
Unlimited kilometers for all the rental period is included in the price.
Local tax, VAT 24% are included on all rental rates.
The Company reserves the right to provide a different car model to that originally reserved of an equivalent or higher model type.
Allowed only with prior written authorization, agreement. Please note that any damage to the vehicle will be not covered by any insurance.
Key loss is charged up to 150€.
The client can prepay a full tank of fuel at the start of the rental. At the end of the rental customer can return the car with an empty fuel tank.
If, on the return of the car, there is fuel remaining in the tank, there is no return of the amount corresponding to that fuel. But if the customer returns the car with a full tank, then we return the amount of the prepaid fuel to the customer.
Not Prepaid Fuel:
The customer may choose not to prepay for the fuel tank, but he must return the car with the same amount of fuel in the tank. If the customer returns the car with less fuel than it had when the car was picked up, there will be an extra charge of 10 € per rental contract, plus the cost of the fuel consumed
In case of an incident or a traffic violation fine, there is a non-refundable fee of 30€ to cover administration expenses, irrespectively of driver’s liability.
The renter assumes full responsibility for traffic violations and pays the respective fines.
The renter assumes full responsibility for traffic violations and pays the respective fines on his own. If he does not, then the renter is charged over and above the flat amount of 30,00€, called as “Incident Report Fee”.
Damage Waiver Options:
Also known as Third Parties Insurance
Cover renter against to third parties for damages, however renter is responsible for damages to the rented car, as well as any damages caused because of violation of traffic code & regulations.
What’s not covered?
- Theft or attempted theft of the vehicle.
- Theft of personal belongings from the vehicle.
- Damages to the rental vehicle.
- Collision Damage Waiver
Cover renter against to third parties for damages, however renter is responsible for damages to the rented car up to the deductible amount for each car group, as well as any damages caused because of violation of traffic code & regulations.
What’s not covered?
- Damage caused intentionally or by negligence.
- Damage caused by incorrect fuel.
- Damage caused as a result of a breach of the rental agreement’s terms and conditions.
- Damage caused as a result of fire, acts of God and terrorist attacks.
- Damage caused to the underneath and the top of the car, the antenna, the mirrors and the tires or while the car was on board ship.
Vehicle Theft Cover
Also known as: Theft Protection
This covers the cost of replacing the rental car (or parts of it) if it gets stolen. You may have to pay an excess, which varies by car group, so you are asked to check at the time of booking.
What’s not covered?
Negligence regarding loading of a vehicle (e.g. car unsupervised) or keys safe keeping (e.g. left in ignition).
Note: In case of an accident or theft, the renter will still have to pay the excess amounts of CDW and TP, even if he was not at fault. If and when we recover the cost of the damage/theft from the insurance company, then we will compensate the customer.
At the end of the agreed rental period, we allow a grace period of 29 minutes free of charge after which, the renter will be charged with a minimum of one full day rental.
In Case of an Accident
In case of an accident or damages to the car, renter must do the followings:
- Park the car in a safe point and report immediately to
- Vassilikos Rent a Car.
- The Police.
- Obtain details for the accident and damages as well as name and address of eye witnesses.